Doosra Dashak Project
Doosra Dashak Project: DD project is being implemented in 9 blocks since 2001. It is a decentralised, community-based, process-oriented and participative project. It provides a value based, life skills oriented education to harness the leadership potential of youth and women for social transformation. DD looks at innovative ways to address the ever changing needs of young people, especially women and the underprivileged section in the most remote and backward rural areas of Rajasthan. Following characteristics make DD unique :
- Pioneer in identifying a niche for Adolescent Education in the country.
- Working within a common framework that is applicable to diverse contexts.
- DD’s vales, processes, especially the space for open dialogue and critical reflection on current issues between the community, experts and officials.
- Effective operationalization of the concept of “residentially” for accelerated learning in a non-discriminatory environment.
- Unwavering trust and confidence of marginalized communities for nearly two decades.
- Participative management through engagement of sahabhagis and community members.