Trustees and Executives Committee Members
Foundation for Education & Development is a public charitable trust registered in Delhi. The trustees of the Foundation are eminent educationists, administrators, researchers and social workers. Their names are listed below:
Trustees of Foundation for Education and Development
- Shri. Abhimanyu Singh, IAS (Retd.), former Education Secretary (Govt. of Rajasthan) and Joint Secretary, MHRD New Delhi; is the Chairperson of FED and the Managing Trustee of the Board. He served UNESCO as Director, Education for All (EFA) at its headquarters in Paris and as Country Director of Nigeria. His last assignment was with UNESCO as the Director and Representative for East Asia covering China, Japan, Mongolia, South Korea and North Korea, in UNESCO at Beijing. He has been awarded research fellowship from Japan Foundation (2016) and a Fulbright Fellowship by Government of USA (1986-87)
- Prof. R. Govinda, former Vice Chancellor of National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), New Delhi, is a founder member of the Board of Trustee of FED. Prof. Govinda has been the Chairperson of the Board (BoT) from 2012 to 2016 and is a permanent Trustee of FED. He is presently working as Distinguished Professor, Council for Social Development (CSD), New Delhi.
- Shri. Rajendra Bhanawat, IAS (Retd.), former Secretary Rural Development, Government of Rajasthan, Director, Literacy and Continuing Education (CE), is former Managing Trustee of FED. He received the NLM UNESCO award in the year 2000 on behalf of the State of Rajasthan for outstanding work in promoting literacy.
- Dr. Maitreyi Bordia Das, former IAS, is presently working as Global Lead for Social Inclusion in World Bank, and is based at Washington DC. She has distinguished herself in various assignments overseas. This includes Advisor, (Poverty & Gender) at UNDP, Guyana for a period of 2 years.
- Prof. Shantha Sinha is an internationally reputed anti-child labour activist. She is the founder of Mamidipudi Venkatarangaiya Foundation, popularly known as MV Foundation, and is a Professor in the Department of Political Science at Hyderabad Central University. She has headed the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights for two consecutive terms (6 years). She was conferred with a Padma Shri Award by the Government of India in 1999. She is a recipient of the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership in 2003.
- Ms. Vrinda Sarup, IAS (Retd.), former Secretary, Department of School Education and Literacy, is a member of the Board of Trustees of FED. Since the early nineties, she has served continuously in MHRD and the Department of Education in various capacities. During this period, she has made notable contributions to important national projects in Education, including DPEP, SSA and Mahila Samakhya. International agencies which she has closely worked with include World Bank, DFID of UK, UNICEF, EU and World Food Programme.
- Shri. Ajay Singh Mehta, Chairman of Vidhya Bhawan Society, Udaipur (Rajasthan) and former Chief Executive in Seva Mandir, is a member of the Board of Trustees of FED. He has served as the Executive Director of the National Foundation for India for 10 years. Currently, he is a member of the Rajasthan State Planning Board and is one of the leading social activists in the non-state sector in India.
- Shri. Ashok Kumar Bhandari, IPS (Retd.), is a long serving member of the Board of Trustees of FED. He has distinguished himself on various posts including, First Secretary, Indian High Commission (London), Special Secretary Jammu & Kashmir Affairs (New Delhi) and Administrative member, Central Administrative Tribunal. He has been awarded Police Medal for Meritorious Service, 1958 and President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service in 1992. He is presently working as Secretary, Eye Bank Society of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Executive Committee of Doosra Dashak
- Shri Abhimanyu Singh, IAS (Retd.) (Former Education Secretary, Govt. of Rajasthan.)
- Ms. Abha Bhaiya, (Founder Director, Jagori, New Delhi)
- Shri. Ashok Kumar Bhandari, IPS (Retd.) (Former Special Secretary, Home, Jammu and Kashmir)
- Ms. Ratna Sudarshan (Former National Fellow at NEUPA, Adviser, ISST, Delhi)
- Ms. Dipta Bhog (Managing Trustee, Nirantar, New Delhi)
- Dr. Shubhangi Sharma, (Executive Director, I-impact)
- Shri. Raghvendra Deo Sharma (Acting Director, Doosra Dashak)
Representative of Project Directors
- Ms. Rajni Sharma, Desuri (Pali)
- Shri Narsa Ram, Aburoad (Sirohi)